Friday, May 27, 2016

"Fool's Paradise" (Part 5) {Short Story} By: Author Tanisha D. Davis

I had taken Malik's advice to stay away from home for a while until things appeared to be a bit safer. Yet it was time to come out of hiding after being ducked off in a hotel room for over a week.

I called Uber and got me a ride home. Upon arrival I noticed some flowers and balloons sitting on my front door step. I checked my mailbox and noticed some "Get Well Soon" cards from some co-workers which was thoughtful since the boss man had let me go on leave for a while. The leave however was for more than healing.

I walked up to my door and my mind flash backed to my door being cracked. I looked around but the neighborhood was quiet as if nothing had never happened, I picked up the flowers and carried them inside. Malik had been such a great help. My house was clean and there were no signs of a break in.

I sat the flowers on my table and noticed a card. I started smiling because Malik had done everything to make sure I had been okay this past few weeks. He had took care of my hotel stay and brought me food in the evenings when he got off from work.
I smelled the flowers, they were my favorite.
 Tulips.



I opened the card.

"Forever Mines"
"Love Deon".

I dropped the card and my heart felt like it had stopped. He just wasn't going to give up. What pained me the most is that I had no idea where Deon was hiding out at. It was time to pay Jared a visit. I was sure that he knew some information since he had sold me out and even if he didn't                                                                                            know, I planned to make him find out or else.


I went to my room and grabbed a pair of black tights and pulled my hair up into a ponytail. I slipped on and old black hoodie and grabbed some black shades. I called Enterprise and made arrangements to rent an SUV.  No more living in fear. It was time to let the games unfold, but my way.

I sat outside of Jared's office until I saw him headed out wearing some shades and looking over his shoulder constantly. It was as if he knew he was wanted for the trouble he had caused.

I watched his silver Mercedes speed out of the parking lot and right past me. He was so busy looking at his cell phone that he hadn't noticed me. I pulled out slowly behind a car that passed me so as to not follow him directly. I could see his head shifting back and forth as he appeared to be conversing with someone. I followed him until he pulled up at his house. I kept going and circled back around the block so that he wouldn't notice me or bother to look at the vehicle. I looked in my rear-view and watched him head into his house and shut the door. It was still partially daylight so I decided to park half way down the street in front of a house that was for sale and waited until the sun went all the way down.

My cell phone started ringing with the sound of "Oui" by Jeremih. I looked to see Malik's face on the call screen. I figured I might as well answer it since I had nothing to do for a few more minutes.

"Hi Malik" I answered softly.

"Hey they told me that you checked out today; Is everything okay?" He asked while sounding concerned,

"Yes everything is fine, I just decided to head back home." "I was tired of hiding out at the hotel".

I shifted down deeper into the seat to be sure nobody was peeping out their window at me. I didn't need anyone being able to identify me if something were to happen. I had even removed the tag of the vehicle so nobody could write down the tag numbers.

Malik offered to stop by my house and bring me some food upon which I suggested wasn't a good idea because I wanted to rest so I said to him.

 I hated lying to Malik but it was the only way to keep him out of the situation. If he knew what I was doing at this very moment he would be right here trying to stop me.

The sun had finally went down so I turned off the lights and pulled up a little bit down from his driveway alongside a ditch. I grabbed my bag and spare key to Jared's house. He was so smart but yet so dumb at the same time. How could you screw over a woman who knew everything about you and most importantly had access to your house.

I walked carefully towards the back of the house and noticed that the lights were off except for his bedroom lights. I headed towards the door that led into the kitchen. I took a deep breath and paused to see if I heard or could see any movement before opening the door.

I grabbed the handle and quietly walked in while shutting the door behind me gently. I still heard no movement so I figured that he must have been upstairs in the shower. the house was dark so I eased quietly around the corner and made my way towards the staircase. I paused every other second to listen for footsteps. I reached into my bag and pulled out a small hand gun that I had recently purchased. As I got closer towards his room I heard movement and I headed quickly to the hall closet and pulled the door until it was partially cracked. I slowed down my breathing and watched as he came out of his bedroom with his cellphone to his ear laughing and talking with a towel wrapped around his waist. He hadn't noticed the door cracked and walked right pass the door. I could smell the ivory soap on his body as he passed by.

I waited until he had went downstairs and tipped toed towards his bedroom. I eased quickly across the floor and slid under his bed, pushing the black bag off to the side of me. I laid there and waited for him to come back in the room and get into bed.

It wasn't long after that I heard him coughing and I watched him walk back into the room.
 He had no idea what was about to happen. I could hear the pressure of the mattress as he laid down and began to shift around to get comfortable.

I waited. There was silence. The silence was so intense that I was sure he could hear my heart beating out of my chest. I then heard soft snoring and I knew it was time.



I slid softly from under the bed. I stood there at the foot of his bed watching him sleep.
He was sleeping so peaceful as if he hadn't done anything wrong ever in his life. My mind wondered as I watched him sleep why he would want to bring harm my way. I stared at him sideways and walked up closer to the side of his bed.

I reached into the bag and placed a silencer on the tip of my gun. I shook my head at Jared. he had brought this upon himself. I was nothing more than a good girl trying to live a life that had been so deserved but no....guys like him had to try to play over a good girl.

It was time to start teaching lessons.

"Wake the hell up!" I yelled.

Jared yelled and leaped up. "What the hell are you doing in my house...you crazy b..."

 "I wouldn't finish that statement if I were you" I smiled at him with the gun pointed his way.


                                                           I fired two shots.




...................................................................(to be continued)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!