Friday, May 20, 2016

"Fool's Paradise" (Part 2) {Short Story} By: Author Tanisha D. Davis

I was a bit shook up behind the threats made by Jared but I had to move cautiously because the last thing I needed is another charge against me. I decided to see how things would play out as the weekend began to unfold. I was hoping he was more talk than he was game.

I hung my keys on the holder by the door and tossed my purse on the chair. I seriously needed to unwind after such a long day.

I unbuttoned my blouse and unfastened my bra and decided to fix me a glass of wine. I took a sip and as the cool sweet liquid flowed over my tongue, I breathed a sigh of relief. There was something about wine that just screamed all will be just fine in a few minutes.

I kicked off my heels and let my feet walk across the cool marble floors of my house. Hard work had gained me a beautiful 5 bedroom home in a gated community. For a sister who had came from the projects of Ensley to the suburbs of Lake Park was a major move on my part. Nobody had gave me anything to get here and I planned to keep it just like that. I never wanted nothing from a man but some affection and respect.

I sat my now empty glass on my night stand and begin to undress. I pulled my hair up and wrapped it into a bun and walked nude to turn on the shower. The cool air from my ac was flowing all over my body and soothing me from the humid weather of Alabama.

I  jumped as the first shot of water came out cold and then I moaned as the hot water flowed over my body. It felt so good. I began to toss the hot steamy water over my face and my mind just seemed to relax and let go of all the stress of my day. I grabbed my sponge and began to massage the soap down the cress of my breast and down between my thighs. I began to think about Malik. I loved his smile and how he made me feel but deep down I felt like I was just not good enough for him. I had a dark side to me that he had no idea about and I didn't want him to get hurt. I pictured his soft brown skin standing in front of me. I was massaging his strong broad shoulders and kissing his neck. He had his rough hands gliding from my shoulders down to the center of my back. He began to squeeze and caress my cheeks and kneeled down in front of me. The hot water flowing over his head as he lifted me up off my feet and began to place soft kisses upon the inner parts of my thighs and I moaned.
"Malik, Malik, Malik"....I kept moaning loudly. "Malik, Malik, Malik"....I moaned as I could feel the softness of his tongue.

"Morgan!"

"Malik" "Malik". I moaned.

"Morgan!"

Bam! Bam! There was a knock on my bathroom window. I jumped nearly choking off the water which had now became lukewarm. I slid back the shower curtain to see a shadow at my window knocking.

"Morgan". I recognized the voice.  It was Malik.

I turned off the water and grabbed my towel. "I'm coming, Stop knocking on my window!".

Malik was always impatient and I had no idea why he had decided to just pop up at my house so soon. We were not supposed to meet for another hour.

I rushed to the front door while trying not to slip from my wet foot prints. I didn't need my neighbors calling the police about a black man knocking outside my window.

I opened the door and frowned. "What is your problem?!" I whispered while looking around him to make sure nobody was outside their house looking.

Malik pushed pass me and walked in smiling. "So are you ready for our little date?" He asked while looking around my living room.

"Malik I wasn't suppose to meet up with you for another hour or so". I mumbled while pulling my towel tighter around me. I stood staring at him in a puddle of water.

"I know all that but I just figured i would come sooner and maybe make the day last a bit longer", besides its a beautiful day so why wait until dark". He said staring down at my feet. His eyes giving me the elevator look as I call it. He looked up to my half exposed breast and smiled.

I frowned at him. "Malik have a seat so I can get dressed, you scared me beating on my window like that".

"Well you didn't answer your phone or the front door, I thought I was going to have to perform a rescue mission". He laughed while grabbing the remote to the TV and slumping down on my sofa.

A rescue mission was definitely what had taken place in that shower but he would never have the luxury of knowing.

***************************************************************

My purple hair was blowing in the wind as Malik sped down the interstate to my favorite Mexican spot. I looked at him. Malik was nodding his head to an old school joint by Ice Cube, "It Was A Good Day". The lyrics were adding some peace to our evening.

"Just wakin up in the mornin gotta thank God
I don't know but today seems kinda odd
No barkin from the dog, no smog
And momma cooked a breakfast with no hog 
I got my grub on, but didn't pig out
Finally got a call from a girl I wanna dig out."


He looked so at peace and I knew it was all because he was spending time with me.
"So Malik what is it about me that you like?" I asked.

Malik looked over at me and then back towards the road. "Everything".

'Explain everything". I asked.

"Well its like I said, Everything", "I mean I like your personality, you beautiful and you work hard".  he stated while changing lanes to exit the interstate.

"I just don't think I'm the one for you though". I said while looking at the expression on his face change. "I mean I got a lot of stuff in my past that I regret and I just don't want to spoil a good guy with all of my history". I could see the look on Malik's face become tense and then soften.

"Nobody on this earth is perfect Morgan". "I don't care about what you did in the past because that was before me". he stated.

"Yea but you don't know what I did, So that's the only reason why you saying all that". I mumbled.

"So what you do that is so bad that you feel like I shouldn't be with you". He asked while pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant.

I stared off and watched people rushing inside the restaurant to avoid the wait and get good seating.

I took a deep breath and looked at Malik who was staring at me waiting on my response.

Ice Cube was no longer singing about a good day. The music had been turned off and there was just silence between us.

"I killed someone". I said softly.

Malik tossed his head back and started laughing. "Man come on for real, what did you do?". He asked again.

I stared at him with no smile on my face. "Malik I killed someone".

Malik's facial expression changed and he shifted in his seat.

The silence was so thick between us that I felt like I was suffocating in his convertible.

"Well say something", I said while looking at Malik.

Malik just looked away from me and opened the car door to get out.

He slammed the door and i could see him pacing back and forth while rubbing the side of his head.

This was why I didn't want to tell him the truth about me.

 I knew this was probably the end to what could have been a great beginning.






To Be Continued..............













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!