Friday, December 18, 2015

"A Day with J"



 Ever imagined spending the day with someone special?

So maybe it's a crush that you have been spending days at work or off days at the spa wondering what it would be like to enjoy a day with them. What is it about a crush? It sends the most amazing chills through your body as you sit back and imagine the fun you would have with that special person. You imagine the conversations you both would exchange and just how much you and your crush would have in common. Its not easy finding someone you like who gives you great vibes and makes you want to take a chance on falling in love again. You find yourself sitting back from afar and gazing at them in hope that maybe fate would lead you both to each other if its meant to be.

So imagine my day with J.  We met up for a meeting that he was all to familiar with in the line of work that he performed quite often. I walked down the side walk nervous while adjusting my dress to make sure that it didn't rise to high up my thighs. I paused a few minutes to look in the tinted window of a parked vehicle to make sure that my hair was in place and my make up was on point. I slowly rubbed my lips together to make sure that my lips had not become dry from the cool air blowing around me. I'm sure he was going to be everything that I had imagined him to be but still the mystery of his personality and an up close with him left me nervous. So here I was standing in front of this amazing restaurant and afraid to walk in. People walked by me staring and adjusting their coats to the cool breeze while I stood there hoping I looked professional and not extremely sexy for this meeting. I didn't want him to think that I was just like any other beautiful female that he had encountered. I wanted him to understand that outside of this dress and heels, I was simply a regular Jane. I was nerdy and a bookworm with a hint of class. I looked down at my phone  to check the time and headed inside because the last thing I needed was for him to think I had set him up. This meeting meant everything in the world to me. How many woman get to meet with their crush all while handling a very important business ordeal for her career. I searched the room and there he was seated in the far corner of the restaurant in what appeared to be a private area. I smiled and stood up straight as I headed his direction. The closer I got to him, the more nervous I felt and the more butterflies I could feel inside my stomach. I walked up to the table and stared at him and went on to introduce myself. He smiled and stood up to shake my hand. I thought to myself, how professional he was when on the inside of me I was on fire for a hug.  I could smell his cologne serenading the small space around us. He had the most amazing smile and he looked even better in person. I stared down at his lips and back up to his eyes, wondering what it would be like to kiss him. Keep it professional I reminded myself as I took out my notepad and began asking him a few questions. He was so calm and he made me feel so comfortable and we laughed and talked about the things I was asking him. I couldn't help but wonder would a guy of his stature even consider a young female like me who wasn't in the spotlight. I smiled and laughed and kept thinking about the possibilities. We finished the meeting and I could tell that we had a lot in common personality wise. I thought about the fact that I was still single and he was to. I thought about another day out with him outside of business to just take a walk through the park and laugh at some corny jokes that I was sure we both would present. I tried my best to not stare him straight in the eyes, afraid he would see the desires in my heart. I stood up and he began walking me out the door. He asked where I was parked and offered to walk me to my car. As the cool air surrounded me I shivered and he extended his arm while asking me if I was okay. I smiled and through a jittery voice from the cold, agreed that all was well. I stared at his chocolate brown complexion and smiled. I would quickly glance away as soon as he looked my way. I had no idea what was going on but on the inside I knew that I didn't want this day to end and I wanted to spend more days getting to know him. If only he would consider giving me a chance. I wasn't some super model with enhanced boobs and a large bottom. I was all natural and just me. I was the girl who loved going to historical places and watching movies and enjoying great food. I was the girl who could occasionally be tomboyish by playing a game of basketball and watching college football. I was simple and I wondered if that was something he could admire.


We stood in front of my car and we exchanged smiles. We stood there staring for a while. I had so many other things I wanted to tell him but fear made me think that I probably was to simple for him. Keep it professional I reminded myself. We stood there in the cold and everything within me was on fire. I leaped in the air!

Crap! I had spilled coffee all over my lap while sitting at the desk day dreaming about a day with J.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!