Saturday, February 15, 2014

"Frustration" Poetry4U By: Tanisha D. Davis



Got to clear my head
what's happening to me
usually I act this way when something is driving me away
It could be a simple action that causes me to lose the moment of satisfaction I once had, now I'm in a state of feeling all bad inside, ready to run and hide, trying to force a smile but all the while I'm feeling like my feet are not on the ground...

I am like a tree falling but they say there is no sound....I'm like the clouds always moving but people barely notice it until they stand still and look around...all the while, time is moving forward...I am moving forward...life is moving forward but nobody seems to care...they all walk as vapor in the air with no idea of what's happening around them....

Why oh me do I have to see
the hurtful things of the future
every day they surround me & take hold of me
I see the story how it ends...we read the great book of how this thing of life unfolds and yet we walk around in the world so cold..
cold to knowledge, cold to growth, cold to the reality that awaits us...

I just got to free my mind
sit back and grab a chair
pretend like its not all up there
be a zombie to society
blend in for once
pretend for once
I see it not happening...for once

I tried...no I lied
couldn't hold myself down
just to make these strange faces smile
and accept me into their book

I hate that I care so much
trying to fight for the people to win
trying to open their eyes to the light
why are they so blind...I'm in total anger
want to spread my wings and take flight

But if I hold it all in
I would never save a friend
Like Jeremiah, I refuse to be silent
got to tell the news of what's really happenin'

I had a dream all my friends were in jail
I had to fight for their freedom...had to ask for their bail
couldn't let them go up the road alone
had to stand up for them & be strong

I'm frustrated because the battle of the heart is so heavy against the mind...
sometimes you want to cry...sometimes you ask God why?
Why me but then why not me?
Jesus had to bare the cross because nobody else could do it
so I guess if we walking after him...
we cant grow faint in well doing
we have to keep pursuing
we have to bare something

We have to care...when it seems like there's nothing
we have to hold on
even when it seems that we are standing in the rain alone
singing the song with no music and no background singers
and no audience to applaud us for the effort we have made
to move the nation.

Frustration.


-Tanisha D. Davis
8:42pm
2/15/2014










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!