Monday, February 24, 2014

Escape to Paradise by Tanisha D. Davis




Escape to Paradise

By: Tanisha D. Davis

The sun felt so good beaming down warmly upon my skin as I stared out over the water. I had been waiting to get away from the city for a while now after the break up I had experienced and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. I looked down at my phone to see if I had any missed calls, I figured at least someone would have cared enough to call me or see whether I had made it safely to my destination, but still no missed calls and no text messages. I tossed the phone over onto the bed & grabbed my bottle of wine & poured me a glass, so what if it was too early to be drinking; I needed to get into a feel good zone to keep from being depressed on what was supposed to be a vacation.  I sat in the chair staring at the couples and the people running excitedly across the sand, they looked so happy and that was a feeling I was fighting every day to have. I was happy with me, but did it hurt to have someone else to be happy with to….it makes life a bit easier I’d say when you are mingling with another.  I laid my head back & closed my eyes as the wine began to ease down my throat and I begin to imagine me, happily running through the sands and playing along the beach with the man of my dreams. His strong hands grasping my hips as he tossed me in the air and spent me around while laughing and showing his beautiful white teeth; however I was awakened from my fantasy by a text message. I sat the glass down thinking, man, a woman can’t even be happy in her dreams. I had no idea who would be texting me but hopefully it was nothing to add to my already depressed moment.

I walked over and grabbed my phone and quickly swiped down to see the message. I laughed, this could not be happening.

“I’m a few minutes from your hotel, decided to come celebrate with you anyways”.

It was Chad, and despite how badly I wanted to tell him to turn around and take his butt back to where he came from, I was desperate for any man’s quality time at this moment. See Chad was really just a good friend of mine and even though I knew he had some feelings for me, those feelings always ended up in the role of some game because once I fed into it, he would switch up on me as if I had suddenly lost my mind.  I had learned to keep my feelings at a distant with Chad but I still had sent him a text along with a few others in hope that someone would come make my get away nice.

I decided to call him instead of texting just so I could hear his voice and gain some idea of what kind of plan he was coming up with.  The phone rang once and went straight to voicemail. I tossed the phone back on to the bed because now I was slightly excited about him coming but then again I felt he was only coming to ensure a possible opportunity of sleeping with me. Another text message came through and I was pretty sure it was him again with some reason for why he did not answer the phone.

“Hey...I apologize…been working a lot lately at the office but you know I don’t mind going on vacation with you, so I will make it in some time this evening when I get off work”.

Oh crap! Now Lewis had decided to show up to! This is what I get for underestimating people. I mean, I wanted to enjoy myself but now I got two men trying to come vacate with me. I grabbed my glass and tossed back the last few sips and poured another glass and began to toss it back. My mind was racing trying to figure this out because there was no way both guys could be in my room at the same time. I had to come up with a plan. I had to figure something out quick because telling Lewis to get his own room would be a red flag for me and telling Chad to get his own room would be a red flag for him also. Another text came through and I was afraid to even look at my phone, I simply wanted to pretend it had lost signal and that I did not just read that text from Lewis.

“What room are you in?”, the text from Lewis read. I thought fast and hard, and then it hit me like a brick. I would use my card to rent another room! This was going to be some bad girl activity but some way I was planning to make it work. I picked up the phone to dial front desk and asked to reserve and pay for another room. I grabbed a few clothes and stuffed them into one small luggage and raced to the elevator almost tripping up in my flip flops & bumping into an elderly couple. The lady at the front desk stared at me as she took my information as if she could read my thoughts which made me shift and stare around the lobby. “Is everything okay with your room”, she asked.  “Yes everything is nice, just having a few changes to my plans”, I said forcing a smile. My heart was racing and I was still trying to figure out how I would be in two places at one time, and what about tonight, who will I sleep with? What about dinner, who will I eat with? So many questions were flooding my mind while I took the card for the other room and headed to the 3rd level of the hotel. Maybe I should just call both guys and tell them that I would rather spend this vacation alone. That would have been the easy way out of this except for the fact that both guys know that I do not like being on vacation alone.

I looked at my phone, Lewis had sent me a question mark and was waiting for an answer. I had to do something. I had to say something.

 I looked down at my phone. I texted.

“Room 307”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!