Thursday, February 27, 2014

"Sometimes" Poetry4U By: Tanisha D. Davis

Sometimes its just me laying back with my head on the pillow
wondering what the next day holds for me
Sometimes its just me laying with no care in the world
trying to make some clear understanding out of what is going on around me.
 See everybody has reasons for why they do what they do
and everybody has reasons for why they pursue what they pursue

I wonder will someone think of me just as much as I think of them
see the last love I thought would never leave, eventually moved on and claimed love from others as if my happy was never his happy everlasting,
everybody change, its life

Sometimes its just me staring up at the sky trying to figure out who will have the same motivation for life as I do,  you know who will be willing to put in an effort to prove that what they see is really what they need and not consider it to just be another want, sought after by the lust of the eyes,
Sometimes I think my feelings are wrapped up behind a disguise because the world wants to see you always happy & enjoying life, then again maybe they want to see you experience a bit of strife so they can sit back and talk about your life.

I'm just a southern type, trying to make it out of this trapped city life where nothing but trouble, and broken hearts dwell....I call it a place like hell...nothing positive ever came out this city for me in the past....

Sometimes I wonder where should I go
got to get away from this place or maybe I'm trying to get away from me
that part that I despise...that part I see staring back through dark brown eyes in the mirror
That part that has been hurt so many times before
that part still knocking at a door inside my mind begging to be set free,
that part screaming....she is me...

Sometimes I wonder does anyone really care at all
they never seem to show up when you fall
they only there when you rise
all smiling faces with glistening eyes

They all hoping to get a piece of your prize
so full of lies, lies, lies

Free your mind...Free your mind
can't sit around wondering forever
but then again
somebody has to wonder how to do better.

-Tanisha D. Davis
2/27/2014
1:37pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!