Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hold Me Up - Poetry4U By Tanisha D. Davis



 Do you feel my vibe?
Did you take a moment to not just look into my eyes and think of caressing my thighs,
but rather see my mind,

Give me some time, don't just say I'm fine
No baby, I need you for more than that
I need you to stand firm and really have my back,
Can you support that?

Now we walking down lover's lane
I'm bringing ease to your mind, I'm driving you insane
as I make music to your brain
This a crazy kind of thang
We got right here
let me be clear
we aiming for the stars this year

I'm loving your smooth brown skin
Your back is my back
our love is like crack
we so weird, they call us whack
but we ain't having that

I make you smile, sexy smooth lips
watching the swaying of my hips
your strong arms in a firm position
to take charge of the mission
and now the new position
we just created a mountain
we climbed to the top to see what the air was like
made love to the stars, spreaded our wings & took flight

We can do anything as a team
we share the same dream
we share the same love
this is such a crazy thing
God's gift from above

Your name is that R
that adds meaning to the music playing in my car
and I said behold there you are
staring back at me
vibing to my chemistry
this melody all created in my head
it's like a game of Simon Says

Do this, now do that
Hold up...did I miss...you say I'm the patiently awaited chat
the last thing on your mind at night
the first thing next to God who you imagine at sun light

That match struck a spark the day that you arrived,
the day we came together and gave meaning to the spark in
your eyes...you know that gleam you hold when you standing next to me, so close...I think you got a share of an overdose

When we come together
the wall will be so strong
because I am not just another toni love song
We'll build our house upon a rock
no more sinking sands
no more stops
take my hand, let's dance on the face of misery
I just need your heart, our love as one...seriously

Hold me up, my brown king
Hold me Up, I am your brown queen
together we shall build the greatest dynasty
our love will forever be a legacy.

Hold Me up when times get tough
I'll hold you up, when your back is against the rough
Hold me up, when you feel like your weak
I'll take my lips to kiss away each river from your cheek

This is only the beginning
we are destined for winning
Just hold me up and never let me go
together I promise a love of overflow
we shall reap what we sow
our desires will grow
our sadness will be no mo'

Hold Me Up
and I will hold you
because this kind of love....baby it's what I do.
It's who I am
no hidden type of scam
no computer virus to embed in your soul
baby I'm going to love you, through the summer rain and winter cold

Hold me up
as God holds you up
and we forever like a seed...shall root up.






Dedicated to the man with the tap dancing shoes...

-Tanisha D. Davis
2/11/2014
3:03pm










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!