Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Sometimes a Cry" - Poetry4U by Tanisha D. Davis




Sometimes you just want to cry
never wipe the tear from your eye
just let the flow reveal
exactly how you feel

Sometimes you lay down your head
pretend to float away
erase the painful feelings
that you felt during the day

Sometimes you just want to cry
let your feelings show
you don't care who see's it
just let the hurt show

My tears only show an expression
of my deep felt confession
they only show I'm human
capable of an obsession

My tears just reveal the deepest part of me
my fears, my love, my deepest fantasy
the things I cant let go of
the things I need to grow pass... maybe...duh
I know its crazy and all out of whack
this love thing has you feeling like its crack

I cant get you off my mind
laying here crying all the time
laying here wrapped up in the sheets
my heart like...beat...then beat...then skip a beat

I'm going crazy they must say
sitting here in my feelings all day
but how else do I express
the very things that capture and reveal me as a mess
then again maybe its all for the best
maybe I turn around and this relief leaves me blessed
or maybe its all just a test of the faith
got to find a way to leave this deep place

Sometimes I cry
hang my head high
dark brown eyes facing the sky
clouds slowly passing me by

Wind hitting my face
running with the breeze
not afraid to fall and bruise my knees
not afraid to hurt no more
don't care how they feel
watching me like a child
running up and down this hill

Sometimes I cry
just to express the joy inside
uncontrollable love
some things pride can't even hide

Sometimes you just want to cry
never wipe the tear from your eye
just let the flow reveal
exactly how you feel

Nobody has to know
nobody has to care
Just let the tears flow
let the emotions fill the air

Cry baby, Cry baby
that's all they would say
toughen up, toughen up
get out your feelings...like okay

You sober up
you straighten up
play that tough role for the crowd
but inside your head...it's all so loud, so loud

Your focus is off
you cant think straight
one simple song
reminds you of the pain you hate

People holding hands
people smiling as if its aimed at you
reminding you of the thing that holds to be so true

Here they come, Here they come
better fight them back
Here they come, Here they come
you can't even hold your act

Lips began to tremble
words began to slur
so many emotions
your sight is now a blur

Down, down they fall
the salty taste filling the inside of your mouth
that beautiful face, that stood so high
no turned down south

You hoping for a hug
somebody to come show you some love
don't give me no alcohol
it only makes me worsen up

Sometimes...Oh sometimes...
you just want to cry
but you can't let the tears, cause life to pass you by
got to keep it together
fight the storm...its only weather
soon to pass away
sun gone come out for sure one day

Sometimes...Sometimes...Sometimes
the world wants to let it flow
but they afraid to let their feelings show....


-Tanisha D. Davis
1/29/2014
8:33pm


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!