Friday, January 24, 2014

"When I Fell in Love with You"- Poetry 4UrSOUL



When I fell in love with you
it felt like the soft drops of morning dew
gently fallen on my soft brown skin
allowing the love to sift right in,

When I fell in love with you
a smile came across my face
you looked me in my eyes
suddenly earth was no longer our dwelling place
we went dancing on the clouds in the skies

We soared among the open fields
nearly touched heavens gate
I prayed that you were the one and I was yours
knew this was that thing, they call fate

Honey dew kisses soft across your lips
hands so strong but face so timid
in my heart you felt security
you felt the need to be right here with me

You were not afraid and nor was I
to speak and express how we feel inside
to share our dreams, like rivers they flowed
and tossed up and down like the tide, we glowed

Oh how marvelous the sight of you
when I look in your eyes and see that glow
Love has come and taken me
placed me right at your front do'

When I fell in love with you
you were trapped but I prayed you be set free
Refused to let the birds come and peck away
what belonged to me

When I fell in love with you
that smile could light the sky at night
Lord knows you made me feel strong
You made me feel just right
You became my song, oh dark knight

When I fell in love
you smiled at me
only because you knew
I made your skies blue

Only because we could build a story together
page by page, age upon age
they would know of our love
The angels would rejoice up above

Before God we would make our vows known to the world
Singing and shouting from every roof top
and mountain high
that I was your gal, and you were my guy

Oh dear love
When I fell in love with you
my heart was content
because I knew
that you were heaven sent.

L....O.....V....E

-Tanisha D. Davis
1/24/2014

*Dedicated to my future husband*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!