Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Why Don't You Fit In?

Everyone has wondered at some point and time in their life about why they are not fitting in with the "in crowd". Often times you may began to down yourself & say maybe its because something is wrong with me or maybe Im just not cool enough. No matter what thoughts began to poison your mind, you simply want an answer.

I grew up as the shy, quiet girl at school and in the neighborhood. I wasnt allowed to hang out with all the kids from my neighborbood because I had a strick grandmother so this caused me to be looked upon as an outcast with the other kids.

No matter how hard I tried to fit in with everyone in school, it simply just didnt work. No matter how good my grades were & how many honor certificates I recieved during award ceremonies, I still was not part of the "in crowd".

I spent many days wondering whether it was my clothing, or how I wore my hair, but even those slight changes still left me with the title of the "Quiet Little Smart Girl".

It took me all the way to now, as an adult to learn the secret to why I wasn't fitting in.

God has a purpose for everybody and of course those who have a special gift are often set aside for greater works. Think of it like this, the president cant be chilling on First Ave with Lil Black  aka Headbuster, it just wouldnt look right because he is the president.

So when God has a plan for you, often he will began to seperate you from people that often mean you no good. We dont understand why we feel all alone or why we dont have a large group of friends but remember there is purpose behind every action of God.

It may not be clear to you now, but as you get older and began to mature, then it will all began to unfold unto you.

You shouldnt want to hang with the "in crowd" all the time because majority of the time, they are doing more than you know to uphold their repuatation, and we know that your reputation is everything.

So the next time this question crosses your mind, "Why Don't I Fit In?", say to yourself,
its because God has something special for me to do.

Hold your head up, there is pride in being different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!