Thursday, June 9, 2016

"Fool's Paradise" (Finale Part 7) {Short Story} By: Author Tanisha D. Davis

The guy pushed him down to the ground. 

It was dark but the light from a nearby post revealed just enough of his face for me to cringe.

It was Malik!

I stared in shock because I was trying to figure out how he had found out about Malik. I looked back at the SUV and wondered could Jared have gave him the information. This could not be possible and the last thing I ever wanted was Malik to get hurt behind something that involved me.

Deon had a smirk on his face while staring at me. I looked at Malik who appeared bruised and he refused to even look up at me. It was as if he felt ashamed as a man to now be on his knees before me and unable to help me.

"Why do you have him? I asked Deon. "He has done no wrong, so let him go". I pleaded.

"I will let him go when you give me back my money that you stole". Deon stated.

"I don't have any money that belongs to you". I replied. At least what was left of his money had been invested into my home and other funds. I would never give that up to him. Yet I wondered would my own selfish ways risk the life of a man I loved dearly.

"No money, No boyfriend". Deon stated while motioning for the guy in the white blazer to come forward. The guy grabbed Malik up off the ground as if he were nothing but paper and forced him back into the vehicle.

I had to do something and something fast.

I pulled the trigger! I fired two shots at Deon and quickly shot the guy in the white blazer. I ran over to the other side of the car to see the guy trying to stop the bleeding coming from his shoulder and before he could reach for his gun. I shot him in the face.

 I helped get Malik free.

A door slammed and the car sped forward just as I was pulling Malik from the back seat.

I looked around to see Deon missing from the spot where I had shot him. A trail of blood led to the car.

He had been hit twice so I knew he wouldn't get far. More importantly I couldn't let him get far enough to live and tell about it.

"Hurry Up Malik". I yelled as we rushed to my SUV. I cranked up and stepped on the gas as I followed Deon.

It was time for this nightmare to be over for good.

I looked briefly at Malik who looked like he was still trying to make sense of it all. In the rear-view, I could see Jared staring at me with his beady eyes and signs of fear.

Were they both afraid of me now? I was not sure but I was oddly in the midst of two men I had dealings with. Both riding at a high speed and watching me chase another lover from my past.

I had death on my mind. I was prepared to take a life to save my own and others.

I sped up trying to get close enough to his vehicle to keep an eye on him. Deon was swerving in and across lanes down the dark road.

"Slow down Morgan please". Malik mumbled.

"I'm not about to let him get away!" , I yelled back at Malik.

Deon swerved again and exited the road hitting a tree.

I looked around to make sure there were no other vehicles in sight before exiting the road behind him.  I saw no one and I didn't want to hesitate much longer to give opportunity of being seen. I jumped out of the SUV and ran up beside him with my pistol near my side. I observed the road to make sure that nobody was walking or in the wooded area.

As I approached the driver side of the car, I could see Deon with his head resting against the glass.

I pointed the gun at his head in close range. I fired one shot and watched as blood splattered among the shattered glass.

I ran quickly back to the SUV and sped off into the night.

The drive was silent. I looked over at Malik who was just staring straight ahead.
Jared sat still staring at me in the back.

I drove thinking finally it was all over. Everyone was going to be safe now.

This nightmare was over and I could go back to my peaceful life that I had created.

"One word of any of this Jared and I will see to it that you never speak to anyone again". I yelled back at him.

Jared didn't say a word.

Malik didn't say a word.

It was all over.


Malik reached over and grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

I felt safe.

I thought to myself. If the days after this night would change my relation with Malik. I wondered if Jared would just let me be or try another way to expose or harm me.

What if Jared told?! He would bring me harm just as Deon had. I wanted the perfect life. I didn't want that risk. I took a trail off the road  through a wooded area.

"Where are we going?" Malik asked.

"We are going to live the perfect life". I mumbled softly.

I parked the vehicle and got out. I opened the back door.

"Get out!". I told Jared.

"Wait Morgan what are you doing", he began questioning me.

"Making sure you never attempt to ruin my life." I responded.

"I'm not going to tell anybody anything I swear", he started whining.

I couldn't trust him anymore after what he had done to me with Deon.

"Start running". I told him.

Jared stared at me in confusion.

"I said start running!". I yelled again.

Jared began to run as fast as he could towards the main road.

I aimed and shot him in the back of the head.

I grabbed a branch and began covering up where my foot had made tracks. I drove up onto the rocky area of the path back onto the road and pressed the gas petal down to the floor. the SUV sped forward moving up to 85 miles per hour.

"I need you to help me wash and clean this vehicle". I told Malik.

"Okay". he responded softly.

"Everything is going to be fine now baby".I said while reaching to grab Malik's hand.

Malik looked over at me and then back at the road.

I could tell he was now afraid of me, but I could never hurt him. I loved Malik and I knew he would never tell a soul to bring harm my way.







                                                                    THE END.

If you enjoyed this Short Story then give me some feedback below in the comments! Thank You!

If you would love to hear more or think there should be more about Morgan & Malik then comment below & tell me why.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!