Wednesday, August 12, 2015

"Black Men on the Move" [Issue 1]

Too often we turn on the television or log onto a social site to see all the bad images of the African American man. We don't showcase enough information about all the successful black men out there who are daily making power moves despite their harsh upcomings. I had the pleasure of being able to showcase a few of these talented men today!

Meet..."Marc Crenshaw" (35)
"I have a degree in finance with over 14 years in retail and I currently work as a Corporate Trainer/Facilitor. I grew up in a single parent home and what has driven me to be successful is the motivation to never have to live any more days similar to the way I came up. Being a man and always working to build representation of not just my first name but what my last name carries is a powerful drive for me. I strive to be a great father and I am one of the few guys from my childhood to never have been jailed. I give all thanks to God and the leadership of my uncle which has made me the man many see today!"

Meet..."Leo" (27)
"The fashion name is Leo and I was born in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I am a local stylistic and designer. Fashion is my life!
I always loved anything dealing with being artistic. I never went off to school for fashion, it was simply a natural gift within me. I am currently working to launch my own clothing line and teaming up with an amazing team of stylists, MUA. I love for others to feel fabulous and always step into a room with their heads held high. I was raised by my grandparents because my mother passed from lupas when I was just 10 years old. I was dressing my mom at age 9 and as the old saying goes, "I don't look like what I been through".

Meet..."Marvin Dixon" (31)
" I was born in Bronx, New York and raised in Prichard, Alabama. I graduated from Alabama A & M and I am currently a supervisor in the Repair Department for Time Warner Cable in Dallas, Texas. I'm a single bachelor and I'm self motivated to become the best man that I can be. If I see something I want then I go after it whole heartedly! I am very competitive and yet in still I always seek others whom I can help to become greater and together we push beyond the walls life tosses our way!"


Meet..."James Hunter" (38)
"I was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama and a former graduate of Williamson High School. I am driven yo recreate the negative stigma placed on black men. I am currently raising two men myself so I have to set the right example by regaining a rightful place in society as a great leader. I am constantly elevating our up and coming black men to carry the torch on to becoming more successful. I serve as the Vice President for the Progressive Black Fire Fighters of Mobile. My favorite Bible verse which I follow daily is Proverbs 29:18, "Where there is no vision the people perish; but he that keepeth the law, happy is he".


Meet..."Jay Coleman" (39)
" I currently am over the IT/Engineering Department for a Financial Institution. I love helping others to become the best that they can be and I am always volunteering my assistance to the homeless and others in need".


Meet..."Chris Holmes" (32)
"I'm a single black man but I remain humble and focus on my career. What drives me is that the opportunity to be successful has no limit on it. The sky is the limit on anything you put your mind to. I know that I have greatness in me to become better and as an offshore worker, I daily see reasons to strive and push myself beyond the horizon!"


*Also special thanks to Orlando Lewis for being feautured on this issue. You can go follow him on Soundcloud.com/dagift23. 


Special Thanks to all of these handsome men expressing what drives them to be the best man they can be despite what society showcases about the black male!

Keep following this issue because it is only the first of many more to come because we have a lot of positive black men out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!