Monday, January 18, 2016

"Balancing the Line between Physical Attraction & Business"


We all are very much aware of those who only support you because they are physically attracted towards you. When the desired feedback is not given to them because of that attraction, they can become bitter and outraged.
 The confusion that many face is often trying to figure out if an individual is supporting you because they like you or because they actually admire your talent.
I for one can say that just because I find an individual attractive does not mean that I will support your work or talent based merely off of an attraction. I can be physically attracted to you and find your work crappy. If I choose to support someone whom I am physically attracted to, you can rest assure that I am only supporting your work because I believe in it and admire it.

I have ran across my share of attractions' and despite how attractive they were to me, I would easily tell them to find something else to pursue if what they were currently doing was not working out for them. Even on my social media pages, you can tell what or who I admire because of what I share or post. If I don't admire your work, I could care less how you look because it will not be promoted by me.

Not many know how to balance the line between supporting someone because you admire their gift verses supporting them because you think they look good.

Let's take for example the many women who support actors like Denzel Washington. Do these women run to the theater simply because Denzel's name appears on the screen or do they go because they admire his work as an actor? I am very sure that despite the fact that they find him attractive, they also support his movies because he is an amazing actor. You can be attractive and still find yourself short of support because your work is a bunch of crap!



When it comes down to business and promotion of an individual there must be more support of the talent than there is for the physical appearance of the individual. I can admire you all day and still choose to not support your work endeavors because they do not represent what I find admirable.

No matter where you search in society you will be able to find those who merely support what you do because of how you look. They see face and then they observe for anything else that can be worked with.

Not often do you see businesses marketing unattractive individuals. This is because they want to make themselves look good and they need someone who can not only win the people over with their skills but also with their looks. This goes into the old saying that sex sells.

I would hope as an artist that people supported me more because they like what I do more so than they support me because for my physical traits.

There must be a balance between the two when you are trying to do business or network with anyone.

So even if I tell you that I think the world of you, do not assume I will run behind you like a dog in heat if what you promote is a bunch of hocus pocus. Society needs to get back to supporting the gift of these artists more so than putting them out there because they look good. Looks will fade but an amazing voice or gift will live on forever. You will never forget the way a song made you feel no matter how old the person who sang it gets.

Let's get back to business and not merely the physical side when it comes to talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!