Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Single Mom with a Dream

Everyday you will encounter someone out there trying to make their dreams happen.
Everyday you will also encounter someone who woke up and decided to help make someones dream come true.
Its a circle which involves those who dream and those willing to take action on their dreams. So where do I fit in?
I'm the one determined to make my dreams a reality.

I'm a single mother raising a beautiful daughter and for her I am not only her mother but her role model. I strive daily working hard to make ends meet for us. My goal is not to just sit up waiting for somebody to do anything for me. It can be tough at times but I keep pushing and I refuse to lose my faith. I strongly believe that God has someone out there who will give me a chance with my writing career. I have been writing since sixth grade and it has always been a strong passion of mine. I wrote poetry and short stories to present at school contests and even to read over the announcements. I always enjoyed the use of words to excite people and leave them looking forward to reading more. In 2011 I started blogging and just writing about topics to help change the lives of others. I grew up in foster care and so my writing was a way to tell the world that no matter how you grew up, you still can make it.

I teach my daughter these same values. The sky is the limit and you just have to believe and work at your goal even if it seems you are the only supporter. You have to believe in your dream more than anyone else.

My life has been a struggle. It has been a very harsh journey that I wouldn't wish on anyone, but by God's grace I'm alive and able to encourage someone else.
My daily prayers is that someone will at least take a chance on me. Give me a chance to be heard and pursue my dreams.
Afterall someone has to be that person who says, "I want to give you a shot".

Whether you are a musician, writer, actor or whatever...somebody gave you a shot.
Somebody believed in your potential.
Once the shot is given to me, I am determined to push harder than ever. I been through so much and I have a story for the world to hear. There are so many young girls who need to know that nothing you been through has to be the end to your chapter.

All I want to do is write and one day start a program to help young single moms to get that boost they need to accomplish their dreams by providing shelter to them and helping them obtain jobs or attend college.

I look at my daughter and I tell her everyday that times won't always be like they are. She wants us to have a house and she wants a dog and I say, "One day sweetheart".
It can be depressing when you want your dreams to happen so bad that its like a hunger on the inside. You just know that where you currently are is not where you suppose to be or will remain. I know I'm talented and creative with my writing and I know that it will lead me far.
I have written plays and fiction novels and they just pile up.
Typically because you got to have someone who believes along with you.

Its going to happen and I know that someone will say, "I want to give you a shot".

Tears fall but I am yet determined...something has got to give.
I just need someone to believe in me.

I'm doing it for my daughter and kids to come. I'm doing it for everyone out there who is dreaming.

Dreams do come true and not just in Disney movies. Just awaiting my shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!