Friday, April 4, 2014

All I Wanted...(Poetry4U) by: Tanisha D. Davis




All I wanted was his love and his affection
looking for him to come wrap his arms around me...secure me...be that protection
See I was not looking for no games
was not looking to earn no level of fame
just wanted to hear him singing my name
reminding me that I wasn't the only one going insane

All I wanted was him to come hold me tight
run his fingers through my hair
make love to my mind all night
whisper those sweet words that gives my attitude some act right

All I wanted was him and not another
why must we play games with each other
why treat your homies better than your lover
leaving me over here in my bed with the love chills & cold shudders

All I wanted was to aim for the stars with you by my side
show you all the things that life had to offer with us on the rise
treat you like the king that you are...never lie
always be that woman who is down to ride or die

All I wanted is for him to look pass the other fish so desperate in the sea
close your eyes baby, and just dream only of me
let my love teach you how to truly be free
Give you something that takes you higher than a pine tree

All I wanted is to rest safely in his arm
never plotted or thought to bring his heart no harm
simply asked for his time
trying to offer him some love for his weary mind

This was all I ever wanted
nothing else in life had much meaning
sitting staring at the moon...through my window...the light is beaming
shining gently on my pillow..I hug it softly
picture he is there
pretending that he does care

About to let that river flow
not even caring no more
because maybe...just maybe..all I ever wanted
was simply not what I needed.

-Tanisha D. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!