Wednesday, June 1, 2016

"Fool's Paradise" {Part 6} (Short Story) By: Author Tanisha D. Davis

 "I wouldn't finish that statement if I were you," I smiled at him with the gun pointed his way.


     I fired two shots.


Jared fell back into the bed. It took him a few minutes to notice that the shots fired had been into the pillow next to his head. 

"Look Morgan, I know you upset and all but please think this over before you do it". He began to plead after noticing he was not shot.

"I have thought this over Jared and I'm going to allow you the chance to redeem yourself or the next shot will be into your heart". I responded.

Jared sat up straight in his bed and large amounts of sweat had started forming on his forehead. "What do you need from me?" he asked.

"I need the information on Deon and where he is currently residing". I said while tossing him a notepad. "You are going to call him now and get the information I need and then you are going to assist me with making sure he disappears for good."

"Look I don't want to be part of this,", He stated while pushing the notepad carefully back my way.

"You made yourself part of it when you snitched me out and took money from Deon, So I don't want to hear it!" "Now pick up the phone slowly and call him, and if you dial the police I swear on my granny that I will kill you!". I shifted the direction of the gun and watched as he frowned and reached for his cell phone.

I watched and listened as he carried a brief conversation with Deon and lied about having more information on me to give him. They arranged to meet up and Jared tossed the cell phone back down on the bed.

He reached and wrote down some numbers and words on to the notepad and pushed it slowly back towards me.

I grabbed the notepad and stared at the information.

"Okay lets get ready to go meet up with...". 
 
Before I could finish my statement,  Jared had leaped off the bed at me and knocked me to the floor. The gun slid out of my hand and I gasped as his fist landed hard into my side. 

Jared  tried to get to the gun.

 I was trying to catch my breath but went for his face and grabbed his ear pulling hard as I could as he was slipping out of my reach. I dug my nails deep into his earlobe as he turned to hit me again. 

He missed this time and his fist slammed hard into the wooden floor. He yelled out and grabbed his fist. I took my shoe and kicked him hard in the face.

Jared fell back, moaning while holding his left hand.

I grabbed the gun and pointed it at him.

"Nice try Jared". "You just made things worst for yourself."

I took the gun and hit him across the face with it. 

"Get Up" I yelled at him. 

I watched him struggling to get up with blood coming down the side of his eye and a swollen hand.

I reached in his closet and tossed him his jacket, then grabbed the notepad. 

"Let's go" I yelled while pointing him out the room door with the gun pressed into his back.

It was time to go find Deon.

"You better not even think about yelling or running because it will be a brief cry."
I stated while reminding him to keep the course. 

I knew he would try something while I was driving so i was already prepared. I looked around me and reached in my black bag for a pair of hand cuffs. "Put your hands behind you" I yelled at him as he obeyed and moaned louder as I tugged on his now swollen hand. I cuffed him. 

"I'm sorry Morgan" he said softly while trying to shift in his seat.

"Be sorry for yourself because you did this to you, I didn't ". I responded and keyed into my GPS the address on the paper. 

The address sounded familiar but I kept following the instructions. 

We got onto the ramp heading North on I-65 towards the Atlanta- Gadsden exit. 

"You better than me Morgan, you don't have to do this". Jared mumbled from the back of the SUV. 

I ignored him and kept driving while exiting the interstate near what appeared to be an old factory.

I noticed that my cell phone was flashing blue. I swiped across the screen to notice over ten missed calls from Malik.

Malik would just have to wait. The sooner I could handle Deon, the sooner I could get back to the peaceful life I had created for myself.

I noticed a white car parked near the back of the factory and I pulled up and parked a few feet behind it. 

I decided to leave the vehicle running but cut off the headlights. The door to the white car opened up and I saw a guy wearing a white blazer jacket step out the car. He then walked to the back of the car and opened the door.

Deon stepped out the car smiling. 

I felt my stomach cringe as it did just before he was planning to hit me. I felt the pistol between my thighs all over again and I shivered. Now was not the time to be scared no more. I was going out with a banger and ready to do the time if it meant making sure Deon was dead for real this time.

The accidental shooting had become a relief period for me and I wanted that relief again with visible gun shots to his head.

I grabbed the pistol and stepped out of the vehicle.

"So we meet again Deon". I said.

He stared back at the guy who had just opened the door and then back at me.

"I kind of figured you would pull a stunt like this baby girl". he said and started laughing.

I pointed the gun at him.

The guy in the white coat started to reach into his coat but Deon stopped him.

"She ain't about to do nothing", he said talking to the guy and laughing at me.

"I wouldn't be to sure about that" I said.

"Then kill me already, but once you do that then just know that your boy here will follow right behind me". he said 

"I don't care about Jared". I said still pointing the gun at him.

"Who is Jared?" Deon asked. He instructed for the guy to open the other door of the car.

I watched and kept the gun pointed at Deon as I saw someone else slowly getting up out of the opposite side of the car.

The guy pushed him down to the ground. 

It was dark but the light from a nearby post revealed just enough of his face for me to cringe.

It was Malik!  






**************************************************************
                                         Be on the look out for Part 7!











 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!