Monday, June 6, 2016

Alicia Keys's Make-Up Free Moment Inspires Other Women To Go Bare!

Alicia Key's blew up Social Media recently as she released photos of herself wearing no make-up. Keys stated to her make-up artist, "no thank you" during her preparation for her music video, "In Common". 
According to a personal essay Keys did for Lenny Letter's May 31st edition, she stated that she felt "the strongest, most empowered, most free, and most honestly the most beautiful that she had ever felt".

Alicia stated that she was simply just wearing a scarf and a sweatshirt, while planning to just get ready at the photoshoot when her photographer, Paola Kudacki, decided to capture her just as she was for the shoot.




Alicia Key's stated, "I just don't want to cover up anymore".

I adore this major move by her because so many women are caught up in the trends of what social media has proven to determine true beauty. We are covering up every aspect of ourselves in order to please the eyes of society. Society has made it seem that not having perfect eye brows or a perfect skin tone is unacceptable. 

I recently went to social media and posted a picture of me bare faced to show the world that I just as Alicia Keys, was not ashamed of my skin.
I revealed the plain thin eyebrow-ed version of myself to all of my followers & friends to prove that even without make up I still felt beautiful. 
While making such a big leap to reveal more of me, I challenged other females to share their photos as well of their bare faces and the responses were amazing! 

I'm not against make-up but I do feel its okay to show the world the natural beauty of you! I'm inspired along with others by this brave move of Alicia Keys and I hope to see other talented artist step out to encourage women all over that we don't care about your flaws.

 You are still beautiful!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!