Sunday, November 22, 2015

Giving Your Husband a Hall Pass to Cheat?





Are we at the movies again?


 I have heard constant feedbacks of  women popping up in the media lately about allowing their spouses to cheat for a week. I  must say these women happen to be ones that I deemed to be of some high intellect. The first female happened to recently be Toya Wright who is married to Memphitz, and later this week M'Onique. 
What is the entire point of getting married if you are going to have an open marriage and allow your partner to cheat? You might as well stay single if you plan to commit adultery. One article I read stated that M'Onique said that if her spouse found something that she was not able to uphold then she finds nothing wrong with letting him venture out to satisfy that need. Now I for one do not know how true this happens to be, but I will say that if my husband does not like some aspects about me that he took vows saying he would accept no matter the outcome, then we definitely do not need to be married.

Cheating brings about conflict no matter how you think in your tiny mind it will fix an issue. Cheating on your spouse for a week brings months of problems and headaches. You open up a door that once was closed and leave space for all manners of evil to slip into your marriage. If we look around us, the rates for HIV are climbing so why risk your health by allowing your partner to step out on you just because you think it is doing a favor to your marriage.

It is pure insanity to believe that allowing your husband, ladies, to cheat for a week is going to mend any issues you are having at home. What happens when you taste honey? You suddenly want another taste of it right? This is what happens when you allow your spouse to step out on you. Then you find yourself sitting up at home wondering why they are suddenly so distant with you. He has tasted some new fruit. Cheating does not fix marriages!

I am currently single and I would like to sit for a second and visualize the day my future husband asks for a hall pass. I can imagine me asking him these simple beautiful words, "Honey what color would you like your suit to be?" I am sure he will look at me with a puzzled face and say, "Honey I am not sure what you mean by that". Then I will simply reply, "I am asking because I want to see if you want your suit to match your casket". This means my future husband should never fix his mind to come to me asking for a hall pass.

When I stand before God and family and take those vows to love my spouse through good and bad days, sickness and health, I will definitely mean what I say. I will not open a door to allow space for adultery to enter my marriage at my hand.

People are destroying the whole meaning of marriage by following rules seen in a movie. It is a movie, and it is not meant to guide you to make foolish decisions in real life. It is merely for entertainment, yet I am seeing sadly how much of an influence movies have on insecure people.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!