Friday, January 11, 2013

"Fear of the Unknown"

What makes people afraid? I believe that we are afraid of the things we do not fully understand. A child may be afraid to jump into a pool of water because they have never been in a large amount of water, a young adult may be afraid to move out on their own because they dont know what it feels like to live alone. These are just a few examples of what makes us afraid.
This very fear is what causes us to be afraid of success or trying to achieve more. The key to getting over your fear is by trying, you will never know what you can do in life until you put forth the effort to try. Fear can trouble our relationships as well, a lot of men and women do not know what it means to show love to another individual because they are afraid of being hurt. The difference with this kind of fear is that it comes after a bad experience. When you have a bad experience, it can affect your life forever. To overcome your fears, you need to pray and ask God to help you overcome the things that hinder you. the very things that have consumed your mind and taken it over can be removed and you can began to live your life in peace as God intended for you to. My personal experience was Fear in the church. I knew there was a calling on my life but because I was afraid to accept it, I kept putting it off as much as possible. Mainly because i was afraid of what I may have to give up, I thought there were things that I would miss out on. I said to myself, let me go back and experience what it feels like to go to the club and to drink and laugh. Surprisingly I found out that i wasnt missing out on anything. I also learned that being saved doesnt mean that you cant enjoy your life and live. I got over my fear and I want you to get over your fears by facing them. How do you face a fear? Learn what it is about the situation thats causing you to be afraid. Now by all means, Im not saying if you are afraid of snakes to go buy a snake, but what i am saying is that you should face the fears that hinder you from being able to succeed. Get over your fears so you can get back to smiling and enjoying your life. Dont be afraid of the things you dont know, because after all, how can you fear something that you dont have a clue of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!