Thursday, August 20, 2015

"Poison on the Lips" [Poetic Fiction]

Dear Love....Dear Poison..........

"Love is like poison...though its dose determines how it kills you inside...you keep tipping the cup to your lips. Drinking that pain...Drinking that sane. Drinking that pride."

Black lipstick on...drinking your every action and every move, waiting for that moment to get back in my groove with you. We started out on the opposite page so I knew that if it was meant then I would have to wait for the perfect age. He always thought the worse of me...sort of like a curse you see. He didn't know I actually adored him and would do anything for him. So every chance I was seeking the romance, trying to get him to notice his status in my life...trying to get him to notice he was more to me than these randoms trying to get in my head like lice.

Dear Love...Dear Poison

Black lipstick on....I was addicted...he was on my level.
I was convicted...felt like I had been fighting the devil....so conflicted.
Every time he was mad...he publicly put me down but I remained in silence...refusing to be a reckless clown.
All the name calling...all the blame falling ...I took the darts at my chest and yet still wished him the best.

Dear Love...Dear Poison

Black lipstick on....I will never hurt you like that...never go to the tabloids to make you feel humility like that. Would never play with your heart like that...even in the younger years I never acted like that. Who she talking about like that..who got her feeling like that...She sits down the glass of red poison. Takes a seat beside him in his black poison and she prays that this time its real...this kiss will seal the deal and make a believer out of him. Maybe this time around he will see that she always loved him and was always waiting for him.

Dear Love...Dear Poison

Black lipstick on...She slides back the sheets of skin...revealing her heart...allowing him to slide into her soul. The blood pumping the poison quicker through every inch of her veins...slowly driving her insane.
Despite the poison...she still refuses to put him in the public eye because only a shady person would do that...wonder why...wonder why because love defeats the poison. You don't give up like that.
Ain't no victory or award in that.

Dear Love...Dear Poison

Black lipstick on...I only moved on because I kept getting tired of waiting for you. Waiting for you to forgive and let go of it all. Waiting for you to stop hoping I would fall. Waiting for you to believe. So it was my choice to drink this cup...I'm too weak...sitting you down on the shelf because this is not good for my health. I see you woke up with me on your mind...do me a favor...shatter the bottle this time so we never have to drink of this poison again.

Dear Love...Dear Poison

She reaches into her chest...heart thumping in her hand... she pulls out the staples....the wounds appear to have healed....the poison will eventually wear off...She staggers along the sidewalk...heart thumping in her hand. It has been through so much. 
She collaspes....black lipstick smudged on the sidewalk. Vision getting blurry...heart still beating while she closes her eyes.

She is cold. Slight shivers.

He reaches for her....She opens her eyes to a bright light. He smiles and hands her a new heart. Her mind feels new. She no longer feels pain. She blinks and she is laying back in her bed. Black lipstick and a glass of poison on the nightstand.

She tosses them in the trash.

No more Poison. Only Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by the Blog! Make a donation by simply clicking an Ad!